Jun 27 2012
Slow your life down. If even for 2 minutes.
One time, Jesus healed a blind man. Immediately after the man’s sight was restored…
He looked up and said, ‘I see people; they look like trees walking around.’
Pick one of your senses and do something soon that makes you experience the world new like this.
- Sound: Roll down the windows in your car. Turn the music off. Listen to the wind hit your ears.
- Sight: Don’t look at the ground beneath you or the horizon in front of you. Look up. At the sky, clouds, stars, trees and other stuff you don’t normally see.
- Smell: Go outside and take really deep breaths for two minutes.
- Taste: Chew your food for more than 4 bites (for all us impatient eaters)
- Touch: It’s supposed to be 108 here in Nashville on Friday and Saturday. For those of you here – GO OUTSIDE. DO IT! Most of us won’t feel 108 many times in our lives. Be amazed and enjoy it.
Life is full of cool stuff. We just forget sometimes.